Sunday, March 20, 2011

Slow cooker Steak and black bean chili

I made this because the picture looks great and my family and I looooove chili. Plus hello another slow cooker recipe. Oh and another thing that made me want to try this was the STEAK!! I am a very large fan of steak. I found this recipe on the betty crocker website.


Slow cooker Steak and black bean Chili-


Ingredients-


2lb beef top round steak
1envelope (1 oz) onion soup mix (from 2-oz package)
2cans (15 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, undrained
3teaspoons chili powder
1teaspoon ground cumin


Directions:

1.Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes. In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef and soup mix (dry). Stir in remaining ingredients.
2.Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours


Rating-5 out of 5
Look-Very rich red.
Difficulty-Easy
Review- This recipe was very good required no real work and was ready at dinner. I think next time I will add one or two chipotles in adobo for smokiness and a bit of spice.






The picture is the one from the website and I have no idea why it is on the side I couldnt get it to cooperate. I forgot to take a picture of mine. I know I am slacking.












0 comments:

Post a Comment