Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken Parmesan!!

This is a family favorite and this time I made sauce from scratch it depends usually on what I need to use. If I make it from scratch or use the rest of a jar. But this time I had some roma tomatoes that were quickly taking a turn for the worse so I wanted to use them before they went bad!! I try to not let food go to waste. I dont always succeed but it is my goal. So here is my recipe for Chicken Parmesan and the homemade sauce.


Sauce: 
Ingredients
4 roma tomatoes diced
1/8 lrg.red bell pepper diced
1/2 small yellow onion diced 
3 cloves garlic minced/pressed
1T EVOO
1t. salt
1 1/2 c. water
3/4 little can tomato paste
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. oregano
2T. Parmesan cheese


Sautee red bell pepper, onion and garlic in bottom of sauce pan with Evoo. Let cook until tender then add tomatoes, basil, salt and oregano. Let cook on low till very tender and most of the juice has escaped. (5-7 min). Add water stir let simmer 2 more minutes. Then gradually add in your tomato paste until the consistency that you like!! I added 3/4 of the can and it was perfect and stuck to the pasta well. I also added 2T. parmesan directly into the sauce and of course on top later :P


Chicken Parmesan:
Ingredients
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( this all depends on the size of your family and the size of the breasts)
1-2 c. flour
2-4 eggs
4-8 c. crushed corn flakes
1-1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese




Place one chicken breast in a Gallon size bag and beat with a heavy frying pan or meat mallet. Repeat with as many breast as you have. Pour flour onto lrg plate and corn flakes onto a separate lrg. plate. Beat eggs in a shallow but wide bowl. Start your oil on medium heat in a deep frying pan. Dredge your chicken in the flour first, egg wash second and Corn flakes last! Make sure to coat well and get in all the little cracks and crevices. Place one chicken breast at a time into the frying pan allow chicken breast to cook completely and brown on each side. While your breasts are frying preheat your oven to 375. And also prepare you cookie sheet. I like to put my cooling rack directly on top of my cookie sheet so that the chicken stays crunchy and doesn't get soggy on the bottom. Remove breast from pan and put on cookie sheet. When all are done take your sauce and put a small amount on the top cover with as much cheese as you see fit..( I like ALOT) and then put in the oven! Turn the light on. When cheese is fully melted turn on the broiler (keep your oven door cracked this allows you to see and something about it makes them brown properly). And voila your done  Bon Appetit!! 


This is just my recipe so please let me know if you try it and what you think :D Oh and Subscribe subscribe subscribe!! Thanks :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment