Monday, February 28, 2011

Scrumptious Juicy Chicken in a FLASH!!

I recently purchased 4 Family size packs of chickens (8 breasts a piece) @ Walmart due to the fact that we eat alot of chicken, own a deep freeze and it was .78/lb (DIRT CHEAP). So of course I am trying to think of things to do with chicken. I was planning on making chicken cordon bleu the other night but that fell through cause I couldnt find any toothpicks and didnt want all of my filling dripping out. So I came up with this recipe on the fly. I had to bake it because I was going to get it in the oven before I went to get daddy.


So here it is:
Crispy moist Germy :D chicken  
2 lrg. chicken breast (boneless skinless)
1 c. wheat germ
1T. fresh rosemary leaves diced
1t. italian seasoning 
1/2 t. salt
1/2t. pepper


Directions
Pour all dry ingredients  in a medium bowl. Cut two large chicken breasts into 4 smaller portions. Coat with wheat germ mixture place into  a shallow baking dish coated in cooking spray and then spray the chicken also. This makes it very crunchy without any extra calories. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 or until golden brown and juices run clear.


I also made Rosemary oven roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus. 

Rosemary oven roasted Potatoes
8-16 baby yukon golds cut into cubes (depending on how many people you are feeding you be the judge)
2-3 T fresh rosemary leaves diced
1T. italian seasoning
1/2t salt 
1/2t pepper
4 cloves garlic(pressed or minced)
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1t. for cookie sheet.


Instructions:
Pour 1t. of EVOO on a cookie sheet and put in a 375 degree oven( this technique makes the potatoes really crisp up and not stick) Cube your baby yukons( you can find these cheap at aldi otherwise they are alittle pricey) place all other ingredients in bottom of a medium size bowl. Pour in cubed potatoes and toss by hand.  Remove hot cookie sheet from the oven and pour on your potatoes shake to evenly spread and place back in oven for 30-45 minutes flip 2-3 times  and enjoy!


Roasted asparagus


1 bunch of asparagus
4 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)
2t. EVOO 
1/2t salt 
1/2 t pepper


Place all ingredients in bottom of medium bowl while prepping your asparagus. The easiest way to do this is just to break the tough ends off where they break when bent. no knife necessary. place asparagus in bowl and toss. Lay asparagus flat on a cookie sheet and put in a 375 degree oven for 10-20 min depending on how done you like it.








If you notice I try to stay with the same flavors throughout my meal so you dont feel like you are eating just random stuff thrown on a plate together. I am not going to rate or review any of these because they are all my original recipes and I just dont like doing that. But definitely try all of them you wont be sorry :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment