Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pasta Chicken and Artichokes!

The recipe I made for tonights dinner I found on allrecipes.com. It was called Pasta, chicken and Artichokes! All three are things are things that I like quite a bit so definitely thought I couldn't go wrong with this.

Here is the recipe:


Ingredients

  • 4 ounces uncooked pasta
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth(I did 1/2)
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped broccoli( whole head)
  • 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes(3)
  • 1/4 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced( iused half since I am the only one that likes them)
  • 1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms( I omited this all together I HATE mushrooms)
  • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper(1 whole)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley( i didnt use this)

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until done. Drain, and set aside.
  2. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat; brown the chicken and garlic in oil ( I also added oregano,salt,pepper and cayenne to the chicken) cook about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
  3. Pour the chicken broth into the pan; then add the broccoli and tomato, and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, red bell pepper, cooked chicken, and pasta; cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  4. Transfer to a serving bowl, and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve.( I let the kids and my husband do there own parm)

Rating-3 out of 5
Look- very vibrant and bright 
Difficulty- Pretty easy a bunch of chopping but nothing to extensive. Only takes a basic cooking knowledge to complete
Review- I thought the overall taste of this recipe was good. Needed salt at the end and the chicken really would have had absolutely no flavor without what I added and even then it still didnt have much. The chicken was rather tough. Maybe a better idea would be too cook the whole breast so as to keep some of the juice in it and then slice it when you are ready to serve and then lay on top. The red bell pepper is key in this recipe and I would say it would be really good with another maybe a yellow or orange. I did decide that I do not like canned artichokes and will probably not cook with them unless they have alot of time in the sauce otherwise they have a very vinegary flavor that I just dont care for.

                                                 here is the finished product!
                                                         Ash enjoyed hers as you can see!
           Maddie thought it was good too. Parker on the other hand was not too impressed. Happy cooking everyone. And everyone stay safe and warm! Thanks for taking a look and dont forget to subscribe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment