Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Parker the snack helper!!

Parker goes to preschool now! 


And everyday a different child brings snack. When that child brings snack he/she is the snack helper for the day and they get to pass out the snack with the teacher. This is a huge honor and not taken lightly at all!! The kids all love to help. Too bad I cannot get him to help more at home huh? Well this week was our snack day. His snack day happened to land on duck day. So I wanted to do something that was duck related. I have been wanting to make some candy coated marshmallows for the kids and though it would be a fun project that they could help with. I also wanted a ducky twist so I was on a mission I headed to Michaels with duckies in my head and came up with this idea with a little googleing and couple of my own twists here they are.


I love this little saying with the play on words and thought it was relevant. I then added a felt duck to each circle and added them to the packaging with the included silver bag tie. I had to cut the cellophane bags down so that they were not double the size of the pops 


If you want to make some of your own marshmallow pops heres what you will need:
Marshmallows
Candy Melt (about half a bag I used yellow you could use any color depending on occasion/holiday)
coordinating sprinkles
cellophane baggies
lollipop sticks

Instructions:
1.Melt candy coating according to package
2.Skewer marshmallows with lollipop sticks
3. Dip marshmallows as much as you would like in candy coating and twist to get of excess( I just did the top 1/3)
4. Dip gently directly into bowl of sprinkles
5.Place your Marshmallow pops into the bottom of a turned over colander (found this tip while perusing the net :D Pretty neat trick I would say)
6.Prepare your tags with any funny or cute saying you would like and assemble your packages 
7. Watch your child beam with delight when you hand them pure sugar coated with sugar .... and dont forget sprinkled with some more SUGAR!!!  


Ps: This may be a good day to plan a trip to the park

0 comments:

Post a Comment